Tthe F. Eugene Dixon, Jr. Emergency Center at Maine Coast Memorial Hospital is here to care for your entire family. Our new state-of-the-art 15 bed Emergency Center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are equipped and staffed to care for people of all ages.
- Nurses Board Certified in Emergency Nursing, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support and Trauma Nursing and Critical Care Certifications
- Ready access to tertiary care centers both by land (ambulance) or by LifeFlight Helicopter
- Partnering with Crisis Response of Ellsworth
- 24 hour-a-day diagnostic services by a state-of-the art imaging department and laboratory
- On-site, 24 hour surgical center
- Exceptional working relationship with emergency medical services network
- 24-hour emergency physician coverage.
- On-site helipad for rapid transport of critical patients
- AMHC for behavior and psychiatric emergencies