Located in Ellsworth, Maine Coast Memorial Hospital is a 64 bed, full-service hospital serving Hancock and western Washington Counties. Opened in 1956, our comprehensive healthcare facility provides emergency, primary and specialty care acute inpatient, diagnostic, and surgical services.
Maine Coast Memorial Hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission, reflecting our commitment to meeting the highest performance standards for patient safety and quality, and has received both national and state recognition for patient safety, outcomes, and patient satisfaction levels.
We seek to improve the health of the communities we serve by delivering a broad range of services to meet the individual needs of our patients and their families. These services include:
- Emergency center with 24-hour physician coverage and an adjacent helipad used for emergency transport of our most critical patients.
- On site, accredited laboratory services for expedient testing services.
- Hospice and palliative care including nursing and pharmacy specialists.
- A primary care network, comprised of six practices to meet patient needs: The Southwest Harbor Medical Center, located in Southwest Harbor; Ellsworth Family Practice, Ellsworth Internal Medicine, Maine Coast Pediatrics, and Coastal Health Center, all located in Ellsworth; and the Eleanor Widener Dixon Memorial Clinic located in Gouldsboro.
- Medication management services, for primary care patients, to ensure prescription compliance. Including access to one on one counseling sessions with a staff pharmacist to educate patients on medications, reduce complications, and improve outcomes.
- A dental center, featuring complete dental care in Ellsworth, as well as a portable program for schools.
- Full rehabilitation services not only available in hospital, but conveniently located in Ellsworth, Gouldsboro, and Somesville for outpatient care. Services include physical and occupational therapy, speech language pathology, nutritional counseling, and diabetes management.
- Highly skilled surgical staff offering orthopaedic, gynecology, urology, podiatry, general and minimally invasive surgery, otolaryngology, and breast surgery. A dedicated endoscopy suite to meet the growing needs for colon and gastrointestinal screenings.
- Additional specialties include rheumatology, cardiology, gastroenterology, neurology, obstetrics, as well as cosmetic and traditional dermatology.
- Medical imaging featuring a 64-slice CT scanner and 3D/4D ultrasound capability. Our Breast Clinic offers digital mammography with evening hours available for scheduling convenience.
- Complete care for women provided by both OB/GYN physicians and Certified Nurse Midwives. Our physicians offer the latest in fertility and minimally invasive surgery.
- A Wound Center specializing in the treatment of acute and chronic hard-to-heal wounds.
- The Mary Dow Center, offering infusion treatment for cancer, arthritis, osteoporosis, anemia, and other disorders.
- Cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation programs, a sleep center to diagnose sleep disorders, and the first location in the state of Maine to offer ambulatory video EEG monitoring.
Maine Coast Memorial Hospital is dedicated to providing exceptional medical care with the personal touch and convenience only a community hospital can offer.
Maine Coast Memorial Hospital is proud to be accredited by The Joint Commission. If you have any concerns about patient care or safety in our hospital, please contact Maine Coast Memorial Hospital's administration. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns. If we cannot resolve our concerns together, you may also contact The Joint Commission by visiting www.jointcommission.org or by calling 1 800 994-6610.