For your comfort we provide
- We will provide you with hospital gowns, robes and slippers to wear while you are here — you are also welcome to bring your own to wear after the baby is born, if you wish.
- We provide sanitary pads and disposable panties.
- We have personal items such as tooth brushes, toothpaste, soap and shampoo if you have forgotten to pack yours.
- For the breastfeeding mom we also have hand breast pumps and equipment available
Items you might wish to bring
- Hair clips or bands to control long hair
- Snacks for your labor coach
- Magazines or reading material
- Cards or simple games
- Camera, film and extra camera batteries
- CD’s or tapes of your favorite music (We have CD and tape players for your use)
- If you plan to use the tub, you may want a sports bra that you don’t mind getting wet to wear in the tub
- Swim trunks or suit for your labor partner if they plan on getting in the tub with you.
- Two bras (nursing bras if you plan to breastfeed)
- Going home clothes
What we provide your baby
- We will have clothes— t-shirts, sleepers — available for your new baby to wear while here.
- Of course you are welcome to bring your own clothes for the baby.
- Bulb syringe
- Formula for bottle-feeding babies
What you need to bring for your baby
- Outfit to go home
- Blanket for trip home (Think about possible temperature changes.)
- Approved car seat to take the baby home.
For your added comfort
- Whenever possible, we will provide 2 beds in your room so that your partner or even a friend or your mom can stay with you.
- During your stay our kitchen will provide tasty, healthy meals for you. We regret we cannot provide meals for your partner or friends.
- A celebration meal will be offered to you to share with your partner or chosen person during your stay.
- This is a delightful sit-down meal for two, served at a time of your choice with several entrée options available.
- A small refrigerator is available for you to store snacks and goodies — space is somewhat limited though.
- Bring your favorite VCR or DVD movies to view and we will roll in a player for your enjoyment!
- Several magazines, coupons and samples are also made available to each new mom as supplies allow.
On your way home, our new families are provided with some of the following:
- Hand breast pumps for those who need them
- Smoke detectors (provided by the Ellsworth Fire Department)
- Money saving coupons and samples
- Library Gift Bag
As you leave, your nurse will escort you safely to the door.
We recommend having the installation of your car seat checked by an authorized car seat inspector. Hospital staff cannot guarantee that a car seat is installed correctly due to the many variations in seats and cars.