Located in Ellsworth, Maine Coast Memorial Hospital is a 64 bed, full-service hospital serving Hancock and western Washington Counties. Opened in 1956, our comprehensive healthcare facility provides emergency, primary and specialty care acute inpatient, diagnostic, and surgical services.
Maine Coast Memorial Hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission, reflecting our commitment to meeting the highest performance standards for patient safety and quality, and has received both national and state recognition for patient safety, outcomes, and patient satisfaction levels.
We seek to improve the health of the communities we serve by delivering a broad range of services to meet the individual needs of our patients and their families. These services include:
- A new emergency center, with 24 hour physician coverage and an adjacent helipad used for emergency air transport of our most critical patients.
- A primary care network conveniently located at 32 Resort Way in Ellsworth, Eleanor Widener Dixon Memorial Clinic in Gouldsboro and Southwest Harbor Medical Center in Southwest Harbor. Internal medicine specialists and pediatricians are also located at 32 Resort Way.
- Full rehabilitation services are conveniently located in Ellsworth, Gouldsboro and Somesville and include physical and occupational therapy, speech language pathology, nutritional counseling and diabetes management.
- Highly skilled surgical staff offering orthopedic, gynecology, urology, general and minimally invasive surgery, otolaryngology and breast surgery. We have an Endoscopy Suite to meet the increased demand for painless colon and gastrointestinal screenings.
- Other specialties including rheumatology, gastroenterology, lipidemiology and dermatology.
- A Medical Imaging Department including a 64-slice CT scanner and 3D/4D ultrasound capability. Our MRI Center offers evening hours every Wednesday as well as Saturday morning hours. Our Breast Clinic offers digital mammography with evening hours available for scheduling convenience.
- Complete care for women provided by both OB/GYN physicians and Certified Nurse Midwives. Our physicians offer the latest in fertility and minimally invasive surgery.
- A Wound Center for treatment of acute and chronic hard-to-heal wounds.
- A haven for those undergoing cancer treatment at the Mary Dow Cancer Center.
- Robust cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation programs, cardiac stress testing, and a center to diagnose sleep disorders.
Maine Coast Memorial Hospital is dedicated to providing exceptional medical care with the personal touch and convenience only a community hospital can offer.
Maine Coast Memorial Hospital is proud to be accredited by The Joint Commission. If you have any concerns about patient care or safety in our hospital, please contact Maine Coast Memorial Hospital's administration. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns. If we cannot resolve our concerns together, you may also contact The Joint Commission by visiting www.jointcommission.org or by calling 1 800 994-6610.